Google Referrer Header Privacy Litigation claims Google shared users’ search queries with third parties from 2006 to 2013. Each individual is getting a payment of $7.70. The distribution of settlement has officially began on January 26, 2024.
Google Referrer Header Settlement Payout
The Google Referrer Header settlement payout is still ongoing. Google established a $23 million fund to be distributed to eligible claimants who filed valid claims before the deadline of July 31, 2023. The initial estimate suggested each claimant could receive approximately $7.70.
However, the final payout will depend on the total number of valid claims submitted and could be adjusted upward or downward. The court approved the settlement in October 2023, and payments are going to be released from January 26, 2024.
- Facebook Settlement Check
- Allianz Settlement Payout Date
- Tax Payout Dates 2024
- Apple Settlement Payout
Key Points of the Google Referrer Header Settlement
- $23 Million Settlement Fund: Google established a $23 million fund to be distributed to eligible claimants who filed valid claims before the deadline of July 31, 2023.
- Estimated Payouts: The initial estimate suggested each claimant could receive approximately $7.70. However, the final payout will depend on the total number of valid claims submitted and could be adjusted upward or downward.
- Non-Financial Provisions: Google agreed to make changes to its FAQs and Key Terms to provide clearer explanations about how search queries are handled and potentially shared with third parties.
Google Referrer Header Settlement Payout Eligibility
The eligibility for Google Referrer Header Settlement Payout is as follows:
- Past Use of Google Search: You must have been a resident of the U.S. and used Google Search between October 26, 2006, and September 30, 2013.
- Clicked on Search Results: You must have clicked on at least one link after performing a Google search during the eligible time frame.
- No Claim Filing Deadline: Unfortunately, the deadline to file a claim for payout passed on July 31, 2023.
- Settlement Approval: The court approved the settlement on October 12, 2023.
- Payout Timing: Distribution of payments is started from January 26, 2024..
- Final Payout Amount: The final amount per claimant will depend on the total number of valid claims submitted. It was initially estimated at $7.70 but may fluctuate around that figure.
Google Referrer Header Settlement Payout Date
Google Referrer Header Settlement Payout Distribution Begins, the details are as follows:
- Distribution Commencement: January 26, 2024, the distribution of Settlement payments has officially begun.
- Electronic Payment Notification: Approved claimants who opted for electronic payment methods will receive timely notifications. These notifications will be sent via email or text message.
- Payment Channels: Notifications will be facilitated through various platforms, including PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, the recipient bank, or [email protected]. Specifically, the latter will handle virtual Mastercard payments.
- The final payment amount will depend on how many people submit claims and how much money is left in the settlement fund.
- Each person who files an approved claim in the settlement is expected to receive about $7.70, based on available data
How can you check the status of my claim for the Google referrer header settlement?
To check the status of your claim for the Google Referrer Header Settlement, you can take the following steps:
- Visit the Official Settlement Website: Go to the official settlement website at refererheadersettlement.com to find any updates on the settlement and check the status of your claim.
- Contact the Settlement Administrator: You can also contact the Settlement Administrator to request a Claim Form or inquire about the status of your claim by calling toll-free at 1-833-512-2306 or emailing [email protected].
- Monitor Your Communication: Approved claimants who are selected to receive their payment electronically will receive an email or text message from the payment provider, such as PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, or the recipient bank, regarding the settlement payment.
Factors Determining Google Referrer Header Settlement Payout
The factors considered in determining the settlement amount for the Google Referrer Header Settlement include the following:
- Number of Claimants: The settlement amount takes into account the number of individuals who are expected to file claims.
- Settlement Fund: Google agreed to pay $23 million to establish a Settlement Fund.
- Administrative Costs: The settlement amount also considers the administrative costs of managing the settlement, such as the costs of the Settlement Administrator.
- Payment to Class Members: The amount of each class member’s payment is estimated to be around $7.70 based on available data.
Visit NCBLPC Homepage To Get Relevant Topics.