For all Defendants, AGA has agreed to a $19.75 million Settlement Amount, from which aggrieved Class Members may receive Cash Payments. Claim by January 25, 2024, to receive an Allianz Settlement Payout.
Allianz Settlement Payout Date
AGA has agreed to a $19.75 million Settlement Amount to settle the Actions on behalf of all Defendants, with the possibility of Cash Payments being made to affected Class Members. To be eligible for a Cash Payment under the Settlement, a claim must be filed by January 25, 2024.
In order to address allegations that it illegally charged an assistance fee for travel and event protection plans sold through airline carriers and event ticket dealers, Allianz Global Assistance (AGA) consented to a $19.75 million settlement of a class action complaint.
Purchasers of specific travel and event ticket insurance plans from Allianz in California and Washington stand to gain from the Allianz Settlement Payout Date. February 22, 2024, is the date of the final approval hearing for the settlement of the AGA class action lawsuit.
Assistance Fee Settlement Amount
Class members may be eligible to receive up to 75% of the assistance fees they paid for their Allianz event or travel protection plan(s) under the terms of the settlement. The amount of compensation will change based on when the policies were bought.
Refunds for plans purchased by members of the California class between September 4, 2016, and July 31, 2019, or by members of the Washington class between April 2, 2018, and April 7, 2020, will be 75%.
Claimants may be entitled to different compensation rates for each plan if they purchased multiple insurance during separate time periods.
- Instead of receiving 75% refunds
- Class members could receive 150% refunds
- Similarly, 40% refunds could be doubled to 80% refunds
Members of the California class who purchase plans between August 1, 2019, and September 30, 2023, or members of the Washington class who purchase plans between April 8 and September 30, 2020, will receive a 40% refund.
How to Claim an AGA Class Action Settlement?
To request a Cash Payment, fill out the Claim Form found on the Settlement Website or mail it to the Settlement Administrator. The form must be sent by mail or online before January 25, 2024. Forms that are fraudulent will be rejected as invalid.
- To claim the form, navigate through https://assistancefeesettlement.com/.
- You may locate the “File Claim” option here. Click on it to see the whole set of instructions for filing a claim.
- In this section, you must enter your payment method, personal information, and any necessary attachments.
- Verify all of your information again, then submit your form.
- You might get a tangible check at the address you give when filing the claim, following the court’s approval.
Who’s Eligible for Allianz Settlement Payout?
Your claim is being submitted under the threat of perjury. Your submission of a bogus claim is also causing injury to other eligible Class Members. Do not submit a claim if you are not eligible for this settlement.
- California class: Any resident of California who, for a trip or event within California, acquired one or more qualifying travel and/or event protection plans between September 4, 2016, and September 30, 2023, is eligible to participate.
- Washington class: Residents of Washington who bought one or more qualified travel and/or event protection policies for a trip or event inside the state of Washington between April 2, 2018, and September 30, 2023, are considered members of the Washington class.
How Long does it take Allianz to Pay out?
As soon as your claim is processed, we will make payment; however, please be aware that it may take up to 10 working days for the money to show up in your bank account due to bank transaction timelines.
After receiving your claim, if we have all the necessary information, we will process it within 10 working days. Online claim status checks are simple and accessible at any time. Contact us by phone at 1-888-497-6992.
You can check your status more quickly if you know your claim number. Note that there is no assurance of payment when submitting a claim.