CARES Act stimulus cards are neither credit nor bank cards. Prepaid debit cards loaded directly by a government agency may be used like regular debit cards. Health Stimulus Cards are sometimes called EIP Cards.
CARES Act Stimulus Card
According to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, you are eligible for this money if you just got an Economic Impact Payment prepaid debit card from the government in the mail.
CARES Act Stimulus Card To access your Economic Impact Payment, you will need this card. Before using your card, you have to call and activate it. Your money is safe and secure on the card once it is enabled. Make sure you report any loss or theft of your card right away.
|Health Stimulus Card 2023
|Ways to check your balance
|Official Website to check the cash of the Health Stimulus Card
|Phone Number to activate the Health Stimulus Card
The postal envelope contains the instructions, which are also available online at https://www.eipcard.com. The card may be activated online or by calling 1-800-240-8100, the customer support number.
It will contain the words “VISA” and “DEBIT” on the front and “MetaBank, N.A.”, the issuing bank, on the reverse. The card itself will look like this:
How to Apply for an EIP Card Online?
Applying for an Economic Impact Payment (EIP) card is a straightforward process. There are possibilities for online account access using the EIP Card.
This may reduce the costs related to checking account balances at ATMs in addition to making it simpler for cardholders to obtain their account information.
- Go to the EIP Card webpage https://www.eipcard.com to activate your card and register as a new user to establish an online account.
- The user ID and password you generated for online access are also used to log into your app.
- Input required details like Social Security Number (SSN), date of birth, street address, and ZIP code.
- Confirm eligibility for an Economic Impact Payment (EIP) by reviewing the information displayed.
- Choose the option to receive the payment via the EIP card.
- Follow prompts to provide any additional necessary information, such as filing status and dependent details.
- Verify the selected option and confirm your decision to receive the EIP card.
How do You activate this card?
You must first authorize your card online or over the phone in order to obtain your Economic Impact Payment. Your family will only get one card, which has to be activated by the principal cardholder.
Should you be the principal cardholder:
- To prove your identification, provide your name, address, and social security number.
- Dial 1-800-240-8100; 1-800-241-9100 is the TTY number.
- Make a four-digit PIN in order to access the ATM’s cash. You may get a new PIN by calling customer care if you lose your old one.
- To find out how much you got, check your balance.
You may use your card right away after it has been activated. Your money is not lost and there are no monthly or inactivity fees. You are exempt from paying taxes on this money and are not required to repay it.
How Do I use my card to Get cash without paying a fee?
You may withdraw cash from your card without incurring fees in a few different ways.
- To take out cash, use an ATM with the AllPoint brand that is In-Network. To find an ATM nearby, use the Money Network Mobile App or the ATM finder at EIPCard.com. There can be restrictions on how much cash you can take out of ATMs.
- Get cash back at supermarkets and convenience shops, among other partner retailers. Choose “Debit” on the keypad, input your 4-digit PIN, choose “Yes” to get cash back, and then enter the desired amount of cash if the retailer permits it during a transaction. Verify the monetary limitations specified by the vendor.
- At some participating check cashing businesses, request a Money Network Check to be cashed. To locate the closest participating check cashing establishment, visit EIPCard.com. Cash-only Money Network Checks and only at approved check cashing establishments to avoid a charge. There can be restrictions.
Withdraw funds from your card as usual once they are accessible in your personal bank or credit union account if you already have one and are comfortable utilizing it to access free cash.
How do You check your balance without paying a fee?
You may easily check your balance for free, 24 hours a day, using a variety of methods, such as email, text message, or push notification:
- Mobile App: You will need to register for an account before you can download the Money Network Mobile App.
- Online: Access your account details by going to EIPCard.com (you will need to register for an account first and foremost).
- By Phone: Take advantage of the automated voice response system by dialing 1-800-240-8100 (TTY: 1.800.241.9100) and using the telephone.
How do you transfer your payment to a personal account without paying a fee?
In order to initiate a fee-free transfer of funds (up to $2,500 per transaction) to a personal account, you must visit https://www.eipcard.com and visit your account.
- When making a transfer to a personal bank or credit union account, you’ll need to provide the account number and routing number linked to your account.
- First things first when trying to add money to an existing personal prepaid card: make sure the card you’re using allows transfers. Either access your account online or contact your card issuer by phone to do this. In such an instance, you’ll have to input your own prepaid card’s routing and account details at https://www.eipcard.com.
Who gets an Economic Impact Payment Card?
There are requirements set by the government that must be fulfilled to be eligible for the Stimulus card. Listed below are some of the many requirements:
- Income Threshold: Applicants must prove they were in a certain income category, commonly determined by their AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) from the prior tax year, in order to be considered for the program. Applicants are not eligible to get a Health Stimulus Card if their adjusted gross income is higher than the specified maximum.
- Dependents: There is also the possibility that family members, such as children and elderly relatives, who are included in the tax filing might be eligible for compensation.
- Residency or Citizenship: Only citizens or permanent residents of the country are usually allowed to use Health Stimulus Cards. This benefit program often does not cover non-residents or immigrants who do not have proper documentation.
- Other Government Benefits: It is important to note that obtaining other government benefits, such as unemployment assistance, does not automatically exclude persons from getting a health stimulus check. In fact, it might impact the amount for which they are eligible.
- Taxpayer Status: Documentation showing that a tax return was submitted in the previous year is often required of qualified persons. People who haven’t done their taxes yet may still be eligible, but they’ll have to do a little more work to register for the stimulus payment.
- Employment Status: In order to qualify for health stimulus programs, candidates may be required to be either actively employed, partly employed, or jobless as a result of the pandemic’s effects.
What is Important to Know about using this CARES Act Stimulus Card?
- Prepaid Visa cards are available with the Economic Impact Payment System.
- Your Economic Impact Payment has already been placed onto the card by the government. You are exempt from paying taxes on this money and are not required to repay it.
- Once authorized, this card’s funds are protected by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Report the loss or theft of your card without delay.
- You may notice certain differences between this card and others you’ve used previously, such as debit or credit cards linked to bank accounts.
- To start, your credit score and the ability to improve it will not be affected by using this card since it is not associated with any bank or credit union account.
What do you do if your card is lost, stolen, or misplaced?
Call customer support at 1.800.240.8100 (TTY: 1.800.241.9100) right away to report your lost or stolen card if it is permanently misplaced, stolen, or thrown away. Once your card is deactivated, it will no longer be used.
You will then have the option to obtain a replacement card. The cost of a replacement card is $7.50 per card (or $17.00 for expedited shipping) after the first free replacement card.
In the event that you lose your card, you may lock it at EIPCard.com. This will stop anybody from making purchases or withdrawals from ATMs without your permission while you search for it.
Go to NCBLPC Homepage.