Verizon Wireless has reached a proposed $100 million settlement with eligible customers in a class action lawsuit related to certain administrative charges. Verizon customers who want to claim their share of the settlement need to act by April 15, 2024.
Verizon Wireless Settlement
Verizon Wireless has recently agreed to settle two class-action lawsuits The first settlement involves a $100 million fund to provide account credits of up to $100 for current and former Verizon wireless customers who paid certain administrative fees between January 1, 2016, and November 8, 2023.
The second settlement is a $64.2 million agreement to resolve a lawsuit that alleged the company improperly billed its subscribers. Under the $100 million settlement, eligible customers need to file a claim by April 15, 2024, to receive a payment.
The settlements aim to resolve the lawsuits on a class-action basis, and affected customers have the option to file a claim, object to the settlement, or opt out.
- Iowa Unemployment Claim Status
- IRS Refund Schedule 2024
- IRS Refund E-File 2024
- IRS Standard Dеduction 2024
- IRS Gift Limit 2024
Verizon Wireless Settlement 2024 Per Person Amount
Eligible claimants who file by the deadline (April 15, 2024) could receive up to $100 per account, though the final individual payout will depend on factors like subscription length and the number of claims filed.
The minimum potential payout is $15 with an additional $1 for each month a customer paid the disputed administrative charges.
Verizon Wireless Settlement 2024 Eligibility
To be eligible for the Verizon Wireless Class Action Settlement 2024, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a postpaid wireless account holder who paid administrative fees between January 1, 2016, and November 8, 2023.
- You are a member of the Settlement Class, as defined by the settlement agreement.
- You have not excluded yourself from the Settlement Class or any person acting on behalf of or in concert or participation with that person in the Settlement.
How to claim Verizon Wireless Settlement?
step by step guide on how to file a claim for the Verizon Wireless 2024 settlement:
Access the official claim form:
- Visit the official settlement website at https://verizonadministrativechargesettlement.angeiontest.com/home
- Click on the ‘Submit Claim’ option.
Enter your Notice ID and Confirmation Code:
- If you received a personalised notice via email or mail, you’ll find your Notice ID and Confirmation Code there.
- Enter these codes exactly as they appear on your notice to access the online claim form.
- Complete the claim form: Provide the required information,including your:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Verizon account number (if available)
- Dates of Verizon service
- Submit the claim: Carefully review your information and submit the completed claim form online.
Verizon Wireless Settlement 2024 Important Dates
The key dates to remember for the Verizon Wireless 2024 class action settlement:
- February 20, 2024: This is the opt-out deadline. If you wish to exclude yourself from the settlement and potentially pursue your own legal action, you must do so by this date.
- February 26, 2024: This is the objection deadline. If you are a claimant and disagree with the terms of the settlement, you can file an objection by this date.
- March 22, 2024: This is the date for the fairness hearing. The court will hold a hearing to consider the fairness of the settlement before granting final approval.
- April 15, 2024: This is the claim deadline. This is the most important date for eligible claimants! You must submit your claim form by this date to be eligible for any potential payment.
Verizon Wireless Settlement 2024 Payment Method
The Verizon Wireless Class Action Settlement offers the following payment methods for eligible customers:
- Direct Deposit: This is the most common and efficient method for class action settlements. It involves the payment being directly deposited into your bank account, ensuring swift and secure delivery.
- Paper Check: While less common in recent years, some settlements still offer paper checks as an alternative, particularly for individuals who don’t have access to or prefer not to use online banking.
Go to NCBLPC Homepage To Get Relevant Topics.