Nova Scotians with low to moderate incomes can get assistance with the expense of home heating through the Heating Assistance Rebate Program. Every home is eligible for a $600 rebate. Application deadline is March 31, 2024.
NS Heating Rebate 2024
Assists Nova Scotians with modest to low incomes in covering the expense of home heating. Gives qualified applicants who heat their homes using coal, electricity, wood, propane, wood pellets, natural gas, or oil a $600 reimbursement.
Lower-class Nova Scotians can get assistance with their winter home heating bills thanks to the Heating Assistance Rebate Program. The reimbursement is $600 this year.
The province that families making $75,000 or less and single-income households making up to $55,000 would receive $600 toward their heating bills as part of this year’s heating assistance rebate program.
Nova Scotia is experiencing the highest rate of inflation in the nation, along with the biggest increases in rent and electricity rates which are rising at a pace of 14% annually.
NS Heating Rebate 2024 Status
The government is providing assistance to Nova Scotians in handling their utility bills. The deadline for submitting the application is March 2024. To check the status of your application, you need to follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Visit the official website at https://beta.novascotia.ca/.
- Lookout for an option that reads ‘Heating Assistance Rebate Program‘ and hit on it.
- Find an option that will be related to the ‘Check your application status online‘, and click on it to get redirected to the next page.
- Now, you will be asked to enter your Heating Assistance Rebate Program application confirmation number and your postal code, fill in the details correctly and hit the Submit button.
NS Heating Rebate 2024 Amount
Every home is eligible for a $600 rebate. Application deadline is March 31, 2024. To get assistance with the cost of heating your house, apply for the Heating Assistance Rebate Program.
- If you are eligible for the Heating Assistance Rebate Program, you can get $600.
Seniors Care Award
- For assistance with the expense of home heating, you can also apply for the Seniors Care Grant.
NS Heating Rebate 2024 Payment Dates
You should receive your rebate within eight weeks after applying. If further information is required or your application is incomplete, it may take longer.
- The application period is March 31, 2024
Your heating aid rebate is also directly deposited if your income tax refund is. For instance, if you are requesting heating assistance and say that you will receive the money after eight weeks on November 20, then the heating rebate will be ready by mid-January 2024.
NS Heating Rebate 2024 Eligibility
You must meet one of the following requirements and pay for your own residential heating to be eligible for the rebate:
- Live alone without children or dependents, and have a 2022 net income of $55,000 or less (after taxes).
- Possess a combined net household income (after taxes) of no more than $75,000 in 2022 and reside with children, dependents, or other people.
- Get Department of Community Services Income Assistance Get the Allowance or the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) from Service Canada.
- You can still be eligible if your financial or personal circumstances have altered from the previous year.
How to apply For NS Heating Rebate 2024
The application deadline is March 31, 2024. To get assistance with the cost of heating your house, apply for the Heating Assistance Rebate Program.
- Apply for the rebate online.
- For information on all necessary supporting documents, review the application.
- Send in your completed application together with any necessary supporting documentation.
- If you applied online, check the progress of your application there.
- You should receive your rebate in eight weeks. If further information is required or your application is incomplete, it may take longer.
- Officials could get in touch with you via email if we need further details to complete your refund.
- Your heating assistance rebate is also direct deposited if your income tax refund is. If not, you will receive a mail-out rebate.
Visit NCBLPC Homepage.