The Queensland Government has announced rebates on the installations of solar batteries at their home. The citizens of Queensland can benefit from this scheme and get rebates worth a thousand dollars. Isn’t it exciting? Stay tuned to get more details.
QLD Battery Rebate 2024
From today, Queensland’s government will offer rebates to its citizens for the successful installation of solar batteries. The scheme is launched under Queensland’s Battery Booster Program.
The objective of the scheme is to boost solar battery installation in Queensland’s households. The government is trying to encourage people to move towards energy energy-saving system that is more environmentally-friendly.
Under the scheme, if the householders seem eligible for the scheme the rebates will cover the cost of purchasing and installing the new battery system to use with the existing solar PV system and new if you are installing a new solar PV system.
|Queensland’s Battery Rebate
|Battery Booster Program
|Monetary value of the program
|Solar battery size
|Battery system size
|At least 6 kWH
It is a $10 million program under which the Queensland government will provide rebates to over 2000 households. With this scheme, the Queensland government is addressing the financial issues that come with the purchase and installation of solar systems.
Eligibility for the QLD Battery rebates
The eligibility criteria to become the beneficiary of the scheme are as follows:
- The applicant must apply for a conditional approval letter under the rebate program and receive it before he/she gets their battery installed.
- The applicant must own the residential property where he/she is installing the battery system. The residential property can be your house, community lot, or flat.
- The applicant must have a solar photovoltaic (PV) system with a minimum battery capacity of 5kW. You can also apply if you are going to add the solar PV system under the approved battery purchase.
- The applicant must use an approved installer that is registered on the Approved Installer List of the government booster program.
- The applicant must use an approved battery that has been approved from the Approved Battery system list listed by the government. The batteries under the approved list have under capacity of 6 kW.
- The applicant must have a household income of less than $180,000.
- The applicant must obtain a quote from the approved system and purchase the system on 12 February or after 12 February.
- The applicant must agree to the safety inspection, which will be done by an appointed government inspection officer.
QLD Battery Rebate Amount
Now, coming to the rebates available under the program, eligible householders can receive rebates of up to $8000.
- Applicants having income less than $180,000 can get a rebate of up to $3000 from the government battery rebate program.
- The householders can get a $4000 rebate where the income earner earns $66,667 or less than that in the ended financial year.
How to apply for the QLD battery rebate?
Eligible householders can apply for the rebate in two stages. The two-stage application procedure is as follows:
- Conditional Approval: The applicant must obtain the quote when he purchased the battery system, he/ she must apply for conditional approval on the government page.
He should get conditional approval from the governing authority of the program before he/she buys the approved battery system.
- Now, after the conditional approval is given to you, you should get approved for a rebate. For rebate approval, you should submit your invoice for the battery system purchased and installation of the battery system.
Then, a Queensland-appointed inspection officer will be appointed for the inspection of your battery system. The officer will check the safety of the battery system and inspect the battery system if it comes under the approved battery list or not.
After this whole process, your rebate will get approved under the Battery Booster Rebate program.
The scheme launched by the Queensland government is an energy-saving step towards a sustainable and environment-friendly future. It’s a great opportunity for Queensland residents to move towards a renewable energy source and reduce their carbon footprint.
Go to NCBLPC Homepage.