AGDRP offers a lump sum payment of $1000 pet adult and $400 per child under 16, those seriously affected by the disaster in specific LGAs. You have until 17 June 2024 to make your claim.
Cyclone Jasper Disaster Payment
The Australian Government’s Cyclone Jasper Disaster Payment extends a helping hand, offering up to $1,800 to eligible individuals and families to help them get back on their feet.
This one-time financial assistance aims to ease the immediate burdens caused by the disaster, so you can focus on rebuilding your life. Remember, you have until 17 June 2024 to make your claim.
- MINNESOTA TAX REBATE CHECKS
- VIRGINIA TAX REBATE 2023
- NJ EV REBATE 2024
- NS HEATING REBATE 2024
- NEW JERSEY PROPERTY TAX REBATE
- CANADA GROCERY REBATE 2024
Cyclone Jasper Disaster Payment 2024 Eligibility
To be eligible for this one-off financial assistance, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Residency: You must be an Australian resident or fall under certain special residency rules.
- Age: You must be 16 years or older, or if under 16, receiving an eligible payment at the time of the disaster.
- Impact: You must have been seriously affected in a declared Local Government Area. This means you, or an eligible child under your care,experienced one or more of the following consequences due to the declared disaster:
- Major damage to your primary residence: Is your home uninhabitable or requiring significant repairs? AGDRP can help with those essential costs.
- Major damage to major assets: Did the disaster significantly damage essential belongings like your car, agricultural equipment, or other valuable possessions at your residence? AGDRP recognizes this loss and offers financial support.
- Serious injury: If you sustained a significant physical injury directly caused by the disaster, AGDRP can contribute to your recovery process.
- Loss of a loved one: In the tragic case of an immediate family member’s death or disappearance due to the disaster,AGDRP provides some financial relief during this difficult time.
Cyclone Jasper Disaster Payment 2024 Amount
Disasters can leave a trail of devastation, impacting your life in many ways. But in the wake of the recent floods, the Australian Government is here to help, offering two distinct types of support:
Immediate Relief: AGDRP
This one-off payment provides immediate financial assistance to those who have directly suffered the negative consequences of the floods. If you’ve faced:
- Severe damage or destruction to your home: No roof over your head? Walls caved in? AGDRP can help with critical repairs or even rebuilding efforts.
- Serious injury: Did the floods leave you with a physical injury requiring medical attention? AGDRP can offer a helping hand during your recovery.
What to expect:
- Amount: $1,000 for each adult and $400 for each child directly impacted.
- Focus: Immediate financial relief for those whose lives have been directly disrupted by the floods.
Income Support: Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA)
If the floods have caused you to lose income, the DRA is your lifeline. This federal income support program provides assistance for up to 13 weeks to eligible:
- Employees: Lost your job due to flood damage or business closure? DRA can help bridge the income gap.
- Sole traders: Is your livelihood disrupted by flood-related closures or lost stock? DRA can offer temporary financial stability.
What to expect:
- Duration: Up to 13 weeks of income support.
- Focus: Replacing lost income directly caused by the floods.
If you reside and work in one of the following townships:
- Cassowary Coast
- Hope Vale
- Wujal Wujal
If your postcode falls within these areas, you’re potentially eligible for the DRA. Remember, this assistance applies to lost income directly tied to the disaster, not other expenses or losses.
How to claim the Cyclone Jasper Disaster Payment 2024?
If you have a Centrelink online account linked to your MyGov, the process is straightforward. Simply sign in and start your claim.
For Those Without MyGov:
Don’t worry if you haven’t set up MyGov or linked it to your Centrelink account. Follow these steps:
- Link Centrelink to MyGov: This enables online claim submission. Depending on your past history with Centrelink, you’ll either use your CRN or verify your identity through MyGov.
- Make Your Claim: Once your accounts are linked, sign in to MyGov and navigate to the “Help in an emergency” section under Centrelink. Answer the eligibility and claim questions before submitting your application.
- The government will notify you regarding the successful submission of your claim. Track its progress through MyGov or the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app. Patience is appreciated as the AGDR will process your claim as quickly as possible.
Go to NCBLPC Homepage.